These Terms and Conditions govern the supply of goods by Williams Lea Limited (“Williams Lea”) pursuant to website orders under this catalogue. Defined terms are capitalised and definitions appear at the end of this document.
1. Contract Process
a. Where You submit Your Order to Us on our Website:
- i. You will receive an electronic confirmation of receipt of your Order and of the details of Your Order as soon as the order is submitted and confirmed. You will be notified separately if the Goods are unavailable or if Your Order cannot be fulfilled for any other reason.
- ii. If at any time you wish to alter the details of your Order, please contact email@example.com. You will not be able to alter the details of the Order once the Order has been placed in our order processing system, although this does not affect the rights of Consumers set out in clause 9 below.
- iii. No binding contract is formed until We have placed the Order in Our order processing system.
2. Obligation to Supply
a. We are only liable to supply You with those Goods which:
- i. are available for You to order on the catalogue;
- ii You describe accurately in Your Order.
- a. We will dispatch the Goods to an address within the United Kingdom during normal business hours and in accordance with the lead times stated within the relevant product information for the Goods.
- b. Where a delivery address is required outside of the United Kingdom, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org where alternative delivery arrangements at extra cost can be arranged.
- c. We will, unless otherwise agreed, dispatch the Goods by standard courier services and charge You Our standard delivery and handling charge of £6.95 (unless stated otherwise). If You request delivery by any other method We will advise You of Our delivery and handling charge.
- d. Where We cannot deliver, whether due to a Force Majeure Event or otherwise, in accordance with the timescales envisaged at 3(a) and 3(b) above, We will advise You and give You the option to cancel Your Order or to accept a revised delivery date. We may make a partial delivery of your Order where not all items are available.
- e. We will arrange for the return of the Goods and issue You a refund where We are responsible, and You have been charged, for a duplicated delivery.
- f. We may refuse to (i) accept the return of any duplicate items of any Order or (ii) issue You a refund where, in our reasonable opinion, the Goods were delivered in accordance with a valid Order. In those circumstances, unless we agree otherwise, You will remain liable to pay Us the Price together with the delivery fee and any other applicable taxes or duties in accordance with clause 7.
- g. Where We do accept the return of duplicated Goods delivered in accordance with a valid Order under clause 3(f) above, We reserve the right to apply an administration charge of 5% of the total value of the Order or £10, whichever is the greater.
- h. Nothing in this clause 3 affects the rights of Consumers as set out in clause 9 below.
4. Damage or Loss in Transit
- a. We will replace at no extra cost to You any Goods damaged on or before delivery, provided that You notify Us of the damage in writing as soon as is reasonably possible after receipt of the Goods.
- b. Subject to clause 4(a) above, We will replace at no extra cost to You, any Goods which in Our reasonable opinion have been lost in transit provided that You notify Us, through NAS, in writing if the Goods fail to arrive within 28 days after the anticipated delivery date.
5. Ownership of the Goods
- a. Ownership of the Goods will not pass to You until We have received full payment for them.
- b. Until ownership of the Goods has passed to You:
- i. You are responsible for taking all necessary steps to prevent damage, loss or harm to the Goods and you shall insure the Goods at Your expense and for Our benefit; and
- ii. You will hold the Goods as bailee and will resell them on Our behalf as Our agent if we instruct you to do so.
- a. Subject to clause 6(c), We warrant that the Goods are of a satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for their normal purpose. We do not give any other warranties in respect of the Goods, their condition or delivery, and any warranties implied by statute are excluded to the fullest extent permissible under law.
- b. Subject to clause 6(c), We do not offer any warranties as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in any of the Goods.
- c. These Terms and Conditions do not affect any statutory rights You may have.
- d. If you believe that the Goods are not of a satisfactory quality, You may, within 30 days of delivery, notify Us in writing at email@example.com stating the reason for Your dissatisfaction. If we authorise return of the Goods and they are returned to Us in their original condition and at Your expense, We will promptly replace them or refund the Price of such Goods.
- e. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits or excludes Our liability for:
- (i) death or personal injury caused by Our negligence;
- (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- (iii) any matter that cannot be excluded by law.
7. Paymenta. All payments shall be made in £ sterling and by a valid credit or debit card only.
8. Intellectual Property RightsYou will not do, or permit to be done, anything that may detrimentally affect Our, or NAS, copyright, trade marks or any other intellectual property rights in the Goods.
9. Cancellation of Order
- a. Where You are a Consumer, and are entitled to cancel under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, You may cancel Your Order without giving any reason by notifying us in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 working days from the date of receipt of the Goods.
- b. In the event that You are a Consumer and You choose to cancel your Order and return the Goods to Us in accordance with this clause, we will refund the Price, including the delivery fee, to You. You will be responsible for the cost of returning the Goods to Us.
- c. However, You may not cancel:
- i. Your Order where Goods have been made to Your specifications or personalised to Your requirements; and
- ii. in relation to Orders for the supply of audio or video recordings or computer software once the Goods have been unsealed.
- a. Subject to Clause 9(c), We will organise for the replacement at no extra cost of any Goods damaged before or on delivery, if you provide notification in writing to Us, through NAS, at email@example.com within 5 days of their receipt.
- b. We will organise the replacement at no extra cost to You, for any Goods which in Our reasonable opinion have been lost in transit provided that You notify us in writing if the Goods fail to arrive within 28 days after the anticipated delivery date.
- c. NAS’s acknowledgement must be sought before any goods are returned for credit. Customer Services e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Waiver & Severability
- a. Our failure to exercise or delay in exercising any of Our rights or remedies under these Terms and Conditions does not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies.
- b. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by a court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall not affect the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions which shall remain in full force and effect.
- a. Apart from Orders placed pursuant to clause 1 above, any notices, request or other communication required under these Terms and Conditions shall be in writing, and may be delivered by post, unless otherwise required to be communicated by email under these Terms and Conditions.
- b. Notices will be deemed to be delivered within 48 hours of posting where they are delivered by ordinary first class mail to an address within the UK and within five working days of posting where there are delivered by air mail to an address outside of the UK or, where they are sent by electronic means, on receipt of the email or successful facsimile transmission report, if applicable.
- c. Notices shall be delivered to Us at the address set out below and to You at the address to which the Goods are sent or such other address as either party notifies from time to time. All contact and correspondence in relation to Orders and/or Goods is managed by NAS and shall be through the email or postal address indicated.
- Web2Print Catalogue
- National Apprenticeship Service
- 1 Victoria Street
- SW1H 0ET
- d. NAS reserve the right to contact you on new products and services in the future.
These Terms and Conditions are the only terms which apply to this Contract. Any variation to these Terms and Conditions is valid only if it is agreed in writing by Our Credit Controller.
15. Privacy and Data Protection
The headings used in these Terms and Conditions are for guidance only and shall not affect the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions.
17. Governing Law and Language
- a. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English Law and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- b. These Terms and Conditions are written in the English language and all notices and communications shall be in the English language. In the event that these Terms and Conditions are translated into another language, the English language text shall prevail.
In these and any other terms and conditions included in the Contract, the expressions listed below shall have the following meanings:
- "Contract" means the agreement between Us and You, which includes these Terms and Conditions, made by Our acceptance of your Order.
- "Customer, (You, Your)" means whoever places the Order for the Goods with Us.
- "Consumer" means any Customer who is a natural person acting for purposes which are outside his business.
- "Force Majeure Event" means any circumstances beyond Our reasonable control, including (but not limited to) accidents, flood, fire, natural disasters, industrial disputes, as a result of which the Goods are unavailable.
- "Goods" means any items offered for sale by Us and requested by You in the Order.
- “NAS” means the National Apprenticeship Service, a part of the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills, whose address is at 1 Victoria Street, London. SW1H 0ET.
- "Order" means Your request to purchase any Goods. This includes Standing Orders and/or Subscriptions.
- "Price" means that amount quoted in Our current price list from time to time plus delivery costs and any applicable Value Added Tax or other taxes or duties.
- "Seller (We, Us, Our)" means Williams Lea Limited, which is managing the online catalogue on behalf of the National Apprenticeship Service, a company registered in England under number 03049649 and whose registered office is at 1-5 Poland Street, London, W1F 8PR, and its authorised representatives and assignees. Our VAT registration number is GB662774703. All contact and correspondence relating to the catalogue service is managed by NAS.
- "Website" means Our website to be found at www.nationalapprenticeshipservice.williamslea.com.